Get your boat license on the Internet

Monday, July 23, 2007

Another Day In Paradise


Right now, this moment, I am living a dream. Sitting aboard our boat, 'Boogaboo III', sipping an ice cold one overlooking the waters of Young's Point. Young's Point is one of our favorite stops along the Trent Severn Waterway. In particular, we are at Islandview Resort, a marina just at the top of the lock. That first picture is the view I am enjoying, right now, looking directly out the back of Boogaboo.

The dream I am referring to is more than just our summer holidays, but being able to do this while on board! Like I mention in m profile, the long term plan is to give up terra firma for a life on the water, where I can manage my internet empire ;-) Give me a few years, folks . . .


This is the down river side of the lock. Islandview is just beyond the extent of this shot, to the upper left. It's a bout a 1/2 mile from here to there :-)

There's a cool store called Lockside Trading Company, which is situated literally right beside the lock. They sell high quality leisurewear, books, neat little nic-naks and other misc items, including some furniture.

Well, as it happens, we were in there yesterday, picking up some of aforementioned clothing. As is custom for summertime (and any excuse I can think of in the winter) and I was wearing one of my many Hawaiian shirts. Wouldn't you know it - they had a couch that matched it perfectly! The staff & customers thought it was hilarious :-)

No comments: