Get your boat license on the Internet

Friday, July 20, 2007

Here We Go . . .

Welcome. . . Welcome to a little project I've been thinking about launching for a little while. It's gonna include a little bit of this and a little bit of that - and whole lotta bits about Boats, Boating and the Boating lifestyle.

Anyone who knows me, knows the love I have for boats and the boating lifestyle. Not only that, but I do my best to capture the feeling and fun by taking thousands of photos each season. These photos are both on and off the water and I will be sharing as many as I can with you, so fair warning ;-)

Don't surprised to see the time line jump around a bit - forward, back and lots of sideways trips, so hold on to your seats & drinks. To ease us all in to the trip, I'm gonna start in the here and now, which has me & my lovely wife sitting aboard our boat (surprise, surprise) at a marina in Bobcaygeon, Ontario (Canada). The two of us are in the midst of our 3 week summer holidays which has, for the past five seasons, taken us through various regions of the Trent Severn Waterway.


Ok, here we go on one of those sideways trips I was talking about :-) Speaking of the Trent Seven Waterway, we have had such a great time during our trips through the system, I was compelled to build a whole web site dedicated to it! Enter TheWaterway.ca. Hope you can take a look at that work in progress. It's about a year old now and has been building a steadily increasing legion of visitors.

All right, back to now, again. Our current boat is a 30' 1987 Sea Ray 300 Sundancer. This is our third season with it and we spend every weekend on it from mid April to the end of October. Given that our home port is in Ontario, that's saying a lot.

This is our third Sea Ray & I'm looking forward to that 40 footer I have my sights on. Fear not, I'll be including all that Sea Ray stuff in future posts. Ya, ya, I've heard it all about Sea Rays already - I'm considering therapy - but we've been happy with them so far.

Besides traveling through the Waterway, we also do weekends away from home in different spots and I'll be sharing those fun times, as well.

Just one last picture for today's post, taken minutes ago. This is the veiw from the boat while I put this together. Now you know why I love this so much!

Looking forward to more! Chow for now . . .

No comments: