Get your boat license on the Internet

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Ten Foot-itis

So, you want to know what the Big Prize is that I'm reaching for? Well, it's about 44' long, 14' wide and weighs about 22,000 pounds (+ necessary liquids). Can you say 400 Sedan Bridge? Ya Baby!

Ok, take a deep breath and relax . . . . All right, I'm all better now. Where was I? Oh, the BIG Sea Ray. Two years ago, we went to a used boat show in the Port Of Orillia and went on one of those boats for the first time. Yes, it was love at first sight.

While I continue catch my breath, take a gander at this short, 15 second video of the boat on the water, which I found on the Sea Ray site (I know it looks like a big blank box - just hit the play bottom, a bit lower down):



These exterior pics shows some of the features that caught my eye. Apart from the fine lines of the sedan style, I found the flybridge area to be huge. Depending on how the boat was equipped and from the factory or the model year, the helm offered seating from 2 - 3.




Behind the helm, at the rear of the bridge deck, there is a U shaped settee that can convert to a sun pad. This extended bridge also provides some weather protection for the cockpit below.






The cockpit itself features a built in lounge and space for a couple of folding chairs. The ice maker is situated under the molded staircase that leads to the bridge. These boats came with an optional lower helm (designated as 'DS' models), but I would only want the upper helm. This makes for a better interior layout. Besides, the way I look at it, chances are that most traveling takes place when the weather isn't uncomfortable any ways.


Here's another look at the exterior. This boat is actually located fairly close to home, on Georgian Bay. I found it on a Sea Ray forum site.

I'll be sharing some interior shots in the future . . .

No comments: